When you see a film, if it be in the theatre or at the comfort of your own house, it’s rarely you truly consider where the film was created and how every movie company procured the rights to this film you are watching on the monitor. The film business is extremely aggressive. The six significant movie companies discussed below include 90 percent of their US and Canadian box office earnings. If you are considering a career in movie, you might choose to pay very close attention to the data below gomovies
And even though there are some “mini-majors” still turning a profit from the market (Lions Gate Entertainment and MGM for example), it is rather hard for movie businesses to remain afloat while still
with those exceptionally successful empires.
Below You’ll Find the six Big movie companies (also called “The Big Six”) along with a brief description of each:
1. Warner Bros.. Pictures. Pictures is the largest participant in the movie market. Preventing the rights to Significant movies like Harry Potter, Superman, Batman, The Matrix and Star Wars have produced Warner Bros. that the No. 1 title in the Company.
2. Paramount Pictures. With 15.5 percentage of this US/Canadian market share (2007 figures), Paramount Pictures has been among the most prosperous movie production companies on the planet.
3. Walt Disney. With exceptionally successful films such as Pirates of the Caribbean, National Treasure, Meet the Robinsons and Enchanted, there is no doubt that Disney will continue to play an integral role in the business for a long time to come.
4. Columbia Pictures. Comprising 12.9 percentage of this US/Canadian market share (2007 figures), Columbia Pictures remains a large player in the company.
5. Universal Studios. 12.2 percentage of this US/Canadian market share (2007 amounts) belongs to Universal Studios, which has been made millions for the movie market. With major hits such as the Bourne series (Bourne Identity, Bourne Supremacy and Bourne Ultimatum), The American Pie series, Knocked Up, American Gangster as well as The unbelievable Hulk, it is very apparent that Universal Studios understands exactly what it takes to earn money in this business.
6. Also called “Twentieth Century Fox,” this exceptionally successful film production company constitutes 11.9 percent of their US/Canadian market share (2007 figures).
Yet more, in case you’re searching for a career in the movie business, the six firms listed above will be the cream of this crop. In case you’ve got the chance to work for one of these firms, we would not propose passing this up.